PLEASE NOTE: Accommodation is not included in the registration fee for the conference. Hotel Guest room blocks are reserved at area hotels until September 1st, under the name Feminism, Philosophy & Engaging the Public.
All three hotels offer accessible rooms.
Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre (3 kilometres from the conference venue; 7 minutes drive; 35 minutes walk; we plan to provide accessible shuttles from this location to and from the conference at appointed times). This is also the location of Saturday night’s banquet.
Accommodations can be arranged by contacting the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre at 519 679-4546 or 1 800 834-7410 or by going to their website at https://aws.passkey.com/go/FemPhilEngPub
Station Park Hotel (3.6 kilometres from the conference venue; located downtown; 8 minutes drive; 45 minutes walk; easy bus access to campus on the LTC route 6 or 13).
Accommodations can be arranged by contacting the Station Park at 1 800 561-4574; or by clicking on this link http://bit.ly/2oYBh3wFEM2017
Windermere Manor (2.5 kilometres from conference venue if driving; 2 kilometres if walking; 6 minutes drive; 25 minutes walk; no bus route).
Accommodations can be arranged by contacting Windermere Manor at 519 858-1391 or by going to their website at https://windermeremanor.com/accommodations/
Guest House on the Mount (2.5 kilometres from conference venue if driving or walking; 7 minutes drive; 28 minutes walk; 1 kilometre from the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre).
Accommodations range from $49 for single beds with shared bathrooms to $89 for queen beds with private bath. “Family suites” are also available for $99. We do not have a special arrangement with the Mount. For more information, see their website at http://guesthouseonthemount.ca/rooms-rates/
Getting to London
- Convenient access by road, rail or air.
- By ground… both Highway 401 and 402 are easily accessible at London’s doorstep just a short distance from the heart of the City.
- By air… Air Canada provides air service from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal directly to London. A short and direct route takes you to and from the London International Airport to the University. The London International Airport is also serviced by West Jet, Transat Holidays, Sunwing, United Airlines and Sunquest. CSWIP attendees can also fly into to Pearson (Toronto) Airport and Detroit Metro Airport and use ground transportation to get to London.
- Shuttle Bus if you’re arriving at Pearson (Toronto) or Detroit: Taking the shuttle bus from Pearson or Detroit to London, Ontario will take you to the Robert Q terminal on Wharncliffe, about 3.5 kilometres from Western. If you wish to be taken directly to your hotel where you are staying then you must choose London (Address) and then type in the address or select a hotel to be dropped off. Use discount code “CSWIP” for 10% off of Robert Q service from/to Toronto Pearson or Detroit airports (for trips between October 25-29).
- Please visit the Robert Q website to book your shuttle:
- Book on line at Robert Q website Enter the discount/PROMO code “CSWIP” to receive your 10% discount when making your reservation (for trips between October 25-29).
- Call the Robert Q reservation department at 1 800 265-4948. Use the discount code “CSWIP” for your 10% discount when booking (for trips between October 25-29).
- Please Note: Robert Q does not travel from the London Airport to campus. Transport to and from the London Airport must be done by taxi. Taxi to or from the airport (one way) will cost $35-$40 per taxi.
- Via Rail operates passenger rail service on the CNR line with London being the third busiest passenger terminal in Canada. London can be reached using Via Rail from several Canadian cities. Train is a convenient and comfortable means of getting to London from Toronto Union Station and other stations along the Montreal-Windsor corridor.
Things to do in London
We’ve got a busy schedule for CSWIP and it’s just a weekend, but you can check out Tourism London website if you’re looking for other things to do in London while you’re here!
Getting to Campus
The main entrance to Western is through the gates at 1151 Richmond St., London, Ontario. Campus maps and directions and info about visitors’ parking are located on the Western website. You can find a campus map here.
The conference will be held in the Physics and Astronomy Building on Friday the 27th and in the Spencer Engineering Building on Saturday the 28th and Sunday the 29th.
From the hotels. There will be an accessible shuttle running between campus and The Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre several times through the weekend (roughly, Friday from campus to Spencer, Saturday morning from Spencer to campus, Saturday late afternoon from campus to Spencer, Sunday morning from Spencer to campus–details to come).
If you’re taking the train, you can take a taxi from the station to campus and ask to be dropped off at the Physics and Astronomy Building (Friday afternoon) or the Spencer Engineering Building (Saturday and Sunday). You may also take bus route 6, 2, or 13 from downtown to campus.
If you’re coming straight from the airport, your options are an airport limo (Checker, flat rate by zone) or city bus (LTC). For more information about ground transportation from the airport, see the London International Airport website.
If you’re driving, a campus parking map can be found here. The best place to park on Saturday and Sunday is across Western Road in lot “I” (Springett), which has free visitors’ parking on weekends. The Spencer Engineering Building is about a 5 minute walk from lot “I.” Visitors’ lots “D” (DB Weldon) and “M” (Alumni) are also good options but may not be free.
Friday is a bit tricky for parking because it’s also Autumn Convocation at 3 p.m. that afternoon. Please stand by for parking information about Friday. The South Valley Lot is likely free (for families attending convocation) but will also be busy.